Course timings: 9.30am-1.30pm – Learners gaining this qualification will know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, cooking service and handling of food. This accredited course meets the statutory requirements of the law: food business operators must ensure that food handlers receive the appropriate supervision and training in food hygiene. It is also the most popular food safety qualification accepted by enforcement officers and auditors. All candidates will receive a handbook and the certificates will be dispatched within approx. 2 weeks to the successful learners.
FOOD SAFETY LEVEL 2 COURSE SUBJECTS:
• the importance of food safety procedures and complying with the law
• microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards and their control
• good temperature control and stock rotation
• the importance of good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including hand washing, protective clothing, cuts and reporting illness
• keeping work areas and equipment clean and safe
• safe waste disposal and pest control
All candidates attending the course will receive a course book in pdf and a sample test questions to study and complete.
PRICE – £50/CANDIDATE
How long will the course take?
approx 1/2 day, normally approx 5-6 hours, all candidates will receive a training manual
How is the qualification assessed?
This Food Safety qualification is assessed via through a 20-question multiple-choice question examination. The duration of the examination is 45 minutes. Successful learners must achieve a score of at least 13 out of 20.
Every candidate will obtain an accredited and recognised certificate providing they have successfully passed the test. The certificates are normally dispatched within approx. 2 weeks.
These qualifications are approved for delivery to learners aged 14+