Personal Licence Holder Course – APHL – £95/person
Personal Licence Holder Course is a fully accredited course, ideal for anyone working or applying to work in a the hospitality industry: restaurant, bar, pub, etc or anywhere where alcohol is sold on the premises.
Course timings: 9.30am-1.30pm – This 1/2 day course covers essential knowledge of the legal framework surrounding the sale of alcohol in England and Wales as well as key information on the responsibilities of Personal Licence Holders, duties of the Designated Premises Supervisor, the role of licensing authorities and police powers regarding licensed premises. This licensing qualification is accredited by Ofqual and approved by the Home Office, and has been designed to meet the statutory requirements of the Licensing Act 2003.
All candidates booked on the course Personal Licence Holder Course will receive a course book in pdf via email and a set of sample questions to study and complete. Please note that a valid photo ID is required to be presented on the day of the course, due to the fact that this is an accredited certificate.
PRICE – £95/CANDIDATE
How long will the course take?
1/2 day, normally 4-5 hours
How is the qualification assessed?
This Personal Licence Holder Course qualification is assessed via through a 40-question multiple-choice question examination. The duration of the examination is 1 hour. Successful learners must achieve a score of at least 28 out of 40.
Every candidate will obtain a certificate providing they have successfully passed the test. The certificates are normally dispatched within approx. 2 weeks.
These qualifications are approved for delivery to learners aged 18+
A Personal Licence may not be applied for until the age of 18.
Personal Licence Holder Course content:
- Understand the nature, purpose and period of validity of a Personal Licence
- Understand the application process and legal duties when applying for a Personal Licence
- Understand the legal duties of a Personal Licence Holder
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities
- Understand the Licensing Objectives and the importance of partnerships in promoting these objectives
- Understand the nature and strength of alcohol and the effect on the body
- Understand the law in relation to premises licences
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)
- Understand the law in relation to Temporary Event Notices
- Understand the rights and legal duties of the responsible persons in relation to operation of licensed premises.
- Understand the law in relation to the protection of children on licensed premises
- Understand the powers of the police and other authorities in relation to licensed premises
- Understand prohibitions and exemptions in relation to licensable activities
Please visit the government website with regards to further legal guidance here.
COVID Measures: At the moment we observe a 2 meter rule and strict sanitizing before, during and after attending the course, further guidelines will be highlighted and communicated to each learner upon booking. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation – we look forward to welcoming you on the course.
- 9.30am -
- Course Starting
- Registration and main Topics
- 11.00-11.15am -
- Morning Break
- 15 Minutes Break
- 12.15-1.30pm -
- Exam Time
- Invigilation and Examination - 60 minutes
- 1.30pm -
- Course Ends