Health and Safety in Health and Social Care Course – £55/person
This Health and Safety in Health and Social Care Course is a fully-accredited qualification. The course is essential for newly qualified members of staff looking to work in a care home, primary care setting or a vulnerable adult’s home.
Learners will get an understanding of the roles and responsibilities for health, safety and welfare; an understanding of the process of risk assessment and how they improve health and safety at work.
The Health and Safety in Health and Social Care Course offers the knowledge of procedures for responding to accidents, near misses and ill-health and knowledge of how to control the risks of infection.
Price – £55/candidate , group bookings and in house training will get 20% discount and their price starts at £40, depending on the number of candidates booked.
Health and Safety in Health and Social Care Course – Level 2 is required to comply with the current regulation – further guidance can be found here.
How long will it take?
The total qualification time for this qualification is approx 4-5 hours, all of which are recommended as guided learning hours.
To register for the Health and Safety in Health and Social Care course, learners must be at least 16 years of age and have a minimum of Intermediate Level in English.
The examination for this qualification contains 20 questions that must be completed within 45 minutes. Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the Health and Safety in Health and Social Care course syllabus and achieve a minimum pass mark of 60%.
Results will then be provided within 2 weeks and at the moment we will be able to issue e-certificates until further notice. This qualification is accredited and approved in line with the Public Health England and Ofqual.
Health and Safety in Health and Social Care Course – Main subjects covered:
1. Understand roles and responsibilities for health, safety and welfare in health and social care
2. Understand the process of risk assessment
3. Understand how risk assessments improve health and safety in health and social care
4. Know the procedures for responding to accidents, near misses and ill-health in health and social care
5. Know how to control the risk of infection in health and social care
6. Describe employer’s duties relating to health, safety and welfare at work
7. Describe employee’s duties relating to health, safety and welfare at work
8. Outline tasks that should not be carried out without additional training
9. Outline the benefits of good health and safety in the workplace
10. Describe the steps involved in a risk assessment
11. Explain the common causes of workplace accidents, near misses and ill health in health and social care settings
New offer*: Organisations looking to book a minimum of 2 courses for groups of 6 or more, will be offered a 20% discount, please get in touch to discuss and get your quote and book a convenient date.
- 1.30 -
- Course Starts
- Registration and main Topics
- 3.00-3.15pm -
- Afternoon Break
- 15 Minutes break
- 5.00-5.15pm -
- Pre-examination recap
- 5.15-6.00pm -
- Exam Time
- Invigilation and Examination - 45 minutes