- 15 Jun 2020
- 1:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Food Allergen in Catering Course – £75/person
The Food Allergen in Catering Course is recommended for everyone working in the catering industry, (restaurants, take aways, coffee shops, etc). The full name of this qualification is Level 2 Award in Food Allergen Awareness and Control in Catering.
- introduction to food allergens
- allergies, intolerances and coeliac disease
- symptoms of allergic reactions and how to respond
- allergens legislation
- food labelling requirements
- the 14 regulated allergens
- free-from claims
- managing allergens from purchase to service
- New subject- providing allergen information to customers – Natasha’s Law – understanding the new change in legislation
Course length is 4-5 hours. Start time 1.30 pm, course ending after the exam approximately at 6 pm.
Assessment method and certification:
This Food Allergen in Catering course is assessed by multiple-choice examination.
The examination for this qualification contains 15 questions to be completed within 30 minutes. To achieve a pass, learners must demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the Food Allergen in Catering Course qualification syllabus and answer at least 9 out of 15 (60%) questions correctly.
Certificates for the successful candidates will be dispatched within 2 weeks (these are sent via email as a PDF file) from the course date – these will be issued by our awarding body Highfield.
New offer*: Organisations looking to book this course for groups of 6 or more, will be offered a 20% discount, please get in touch to discuss and get your quote and book a convenient date.
*For your information please find our Course Booking Policy and Course Cancellation Policy here.
- Course Starting
- Registration and main Topics
- Afternoon Break
- 15 Minutes Break
- Pre-examination recap
- Exam Time
- Invigilation and Examination - 45 minutes
- End of Course