- 15 Jun 2020
- 1:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Food Allergen in Catering Course – £75/person
The Food Allergen in Catering Course is recommended for everyone working in the catering industry, (restaurants, take aways, coffee shops, etc). The full name of this qualification is Level 2 Award in Food Allergen Awareness and Control in Catering.
- introduction to food allergens
- allergies, intolerances and coeliac disease
- symptoms of allergic reactions and how to respond
- allergens legislation
- food labelling requirements
- the 14 regulated allergens
- free-from claims
- managing allergens from purchase to service
- New subject- providing allergen information to customers – Natasha’s Law – understanding the new change in legislation
Course length is 4-5 hours. Start time 1.30 pm, course ending after the exam approximately at 6 pm.
Assessment method and certification:
This Food Allergen in Catering course is assessed by multiple-choice examination.
The examination for this qualification contains 15 questions to be completed within 30 minutes. To achieve a pass, learners must demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the Food Allergen in Catering Course qualification syllabus and answer at least 9 out of 15 (60%) questions correctly.
Certificates for the successful candidates will be dispatched within 2 weeks (these are sent via email as a PDF file) from the course date – these will be issued by our awarding body Highfield.
For further guidance with regards to the legal aspect please visit the Food Agency website here or the change in the legislation Natasha’s Law here .
New offer*: Organisations looking to book this course for groups of 6 or more, will be offered a 20% discount, please get in touch to discuss and get your quote and book a convenient date.
*For your information please find our Course Booking Policy and Course Cancellation Policy here.
- Course Starting
- Registration and main Topics
- Afternoon Break
- 15 Minutes Break
- Pre-examination recap
- Exam Time
- Invigilation and Examination - 45 minutes
- End of Course