- 03 Jan 2023
Time1 day online + 1 day classroom
- 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
First Aid at Work Refresher Course – 2 days- £180/person
The First Aid at Work refresher course is suitable for candidates that have a 3 day First Aid at Work certificate approaching expiry. This is a classroom based attendance course.
The First Aid at Work Level 3 course is dedicated for work places with high risk or a high amount of people.This is ideal for a building site or if you are looking to work within the construction industry, factories, engineering, catering, etc. Fully accredited and Health and Safety approved, inclusive of certificate. All candidates will receive a first aid book in pdf and a first aid learner pack. Please note that a valid photo ID is required to be presented on the day of the course, due to the fact that this is an accredited certificate.
The HSE – Health and Safety Executive states that you may not be a nominated first aider if you have an expired certificate – please read here the guidelines.
2 days course (1 day online + 1 day in the classroom)
Course time: email@example.com – on both course days
Subjects to undertake for the First Aid at Work Refresher Course are:
- understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally/not breathing normally
- correct use of an AED- automated defibrillator
- know how to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking, manage bleeding and recognizing the hypovolaemic shock (new subject)
- be able to treat injuries to bones, muscles and joints, head injuries and spinal injuries
- be able to treat burns and scalds, eye injuries and nose bleeds* (new subject as of Sept 2022)
- be able to deal with sudden poisoning
- anaphylaxis/severe allergic reaction
- be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness: stroke, heart attack, angina, diabetes, etc
- How is the First Aid at Work course qualification assessed?
- The qualification is assessed via practical demonstration, oral questioning and a 30 questions multiple choice where a pass is obtained at 70% correct answers
- What next?
- Certificates for successful learners will be dispatched for distribution in due course (approx. 2-3 weeks) by our Centre. Successful learners will also receive a first aid learner pack and a first aid book in pdf. This qualification is valid for a period of 3 years, after which point learners will need to re-sit the course
Course Location: Our training center is located at 200A Pentonville Road, N1 9JP. There is Pay and Display if you are driving. We are approximately 10 minutes’ walk from King’s Cross Station. Buses within a short walking distance are 73, 214, 30.
*For your information please find our Course Booking Policy and Course Cancellation Policy here.
- Course Starting
- Registration and main Topics
- Morning Break
- 15 Minutes Break
- Afernoon Break
- 15 Minutes Break
- End of course day
- End of the 1st day (out of 2)