- 13 - 14 Oct 2022
Time1 day online + 2 days classroom
- 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
First Aid at Work Course Level 3 Blended Learning – £200/person
*NEW – First Aid at Work Course Level 3 Blended Learning, now available where attendance is only mandatory on 2 days of the 3 days course, 1 day online.
Once booking is made and the course fee is paid, you will be given log on details and will be required to complete the rest of the course subjects at home in maximum 6 weeks. **Access to a computer and broadband connection are required.
There is no difference between the subjects studied in the 3 day First Aid at Work Level 3 Course and the First Aid at Work Course Level 3 Distance Learning, the assessment is also the same.
The subjects covered in First Aid at Work Course Level 3 Distance Learning are:
- understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally/not breathing normally
- correct use of an AED- automated defibrillator
- know how to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking, manage bleeding and recognizing the hypovolaemic shock (new subject)
- be able to treat injuries to bones, muscles and joints, head injuries and spinal injuries
- be able to treat burns and scalds, eye injuries and nose bleeds* (new subject as of September 2022)
- be able to deal with sudden poisoning
- anaphylaxis/severe allergic reaction
- be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness: stroke, heart attack, angina, diabetes, etc
PRICE – £200/CANDIDATE – GROUP DISCOUNT APPLIED FOR GROUP BOOKINGS OF 6 OR MORE. FROM £165*.
How long will the course take?
The First Aid at Work Course Level 3 Distance Learning course qualification is typically achieved through a 2-day classroom based training course and for re-qualification this is reduced to 1-day.
How is the First Aid at Work course qualification assessed?
The qualification is assessed via practical demonstration and oral questioning as well as a 30 multiple choice question test – all will be covered through the length of the course.
Certificates for successful learners will be ready approx. 2-3 weeks. This qualification lasts for a period of 3 years. All candidates will receive a First Aid at Work Course book in pdf and a First Aid learner pack.
Fully accredited and Health and Safety approved, inclusive of certificate. Please note that a valid photo ID is required to be presented on the day of the course, due to the fact that this is an accredited certificate.
First Aid at Work Course Level 3 Blended Learning is a new method of delivering the 3 day course and only 2 days is necessary to attending. Once payment is made for the First Aid at Work distance learning, you will receive log in details to access the online course platform and you may complete this at your own pace – normally, on average, it takes approximately 3-4 hours to fully complete the online theory. When completed you will be able to attend your physical assessment and the classroom based subjects, as well as the multiple choice test. There is no difference in the subjects or the accreditation of this course. Fully accredited and Health and Safety approved, inclusive of certificate.
This course must be booked in advance and ensure that the online theory is completed prior to attending the days for physical assessment and test.
Course Location: Our training centre is located at 200A Pentonville Road, N1 9JP. There is Pay and Display if you are driving. We are approximately 10 minutes’ walk from King’s Cross Station. Buses within a short walking distance are 73, 214, 30.
*For your information please find our Course Booking Policy and Course Cancellation Policy here.
- Course Starting
- Registration and main Topics
- Morning Break
- 15 Minutes Break
- Lunch Time
- Afternoon Break
- 15 Minutes Break
- End of the Course Day
- All course days end at the same time