- 29 Apr 2020 - 01 May 2020
- 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
First Aid at Work Course Level 3- £465/person – 3 day course
First Aid at Work Course level 3 – 3 days course – is the most comprehensive first aid course for working environments of high risk: construction site managers, all managerial positions, sports trainers, factory or warehouse workers, etc.
If you are looking to work as a close protection operative, you will need this course in order to apply for your CP licence.
It is a legal requirement to undertake a First Aid Course Level 3 if you manage a high risk environment, please read the First Aid at Work Regulations here.
How long will the course take?
The First Aid at Work course Level 3 qualification is typically achieved through a 3-day class-room based training course Course times @9.30am-4.30pm on all days; and for re-qualification this is reduced to 2-days.
How is the First Aid at Work course qualification assessed?
The qualification is assessed via practical demonstration and oral questioning as well as a 30 multiple choice question test – all will be covered through the length of the course
Course subjects for the First Aid at Work Course Level 3 – 3 day course:
- understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- be able to assess an incident
- be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normallythe correct use of an AED- automated defibrillator (new subject)
- know how to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding and recognizing the hypovolaemic shock (new subject)
- managing nose bleeds (new subject)
- managing diabetes with use of insulin pen (new subject)
- be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury
- be able to conduct a secondary survey
- be able to administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- be able to administer first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- be able to administer first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
- be able to administer first aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
- be able to administer first aid to a casualty with an eye injury
- be able to administer first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- be able to administer first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
- be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness: stroke, heart attack, angina, diabetes, etc
Certificates for the First Aid at Work Course successful learners will be ready approx. 2-3 weeks, sent by recorded 1st class post. This qualification lasts for a period of 3 years, after which point learners will need to resit the course which can be adjusted to a 1 day course.
All candidates will receive a First Aid at Work Course book in pdf and a First Aid learner pack.
Location: Our training centre is located at 200A Pentonville Road, N1 9JP. There is Pay and Display if you are driving. We are approximately 10 minutes’ walk from King’s Cross Station. Buses within a short walking distance are 73, 214, 30.
*For your information please find our Course Booking Policy and Course Cancellation Policy here.
- Course Starting
- Registration and main Topics
- Morning Break
- 15 Minutes Break
- Lunch Time
- Afternoon Break
- 15 Minutes Break
- End of Course Day
- All days end at the same time