- 29 Apr 2020 - 01 May 2020
- 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
First Aid at Work Course Level 3- £465/person – 3 day course
First Aid at Work Course level 3 – 3 days course – is the most comprehensive first aid course for working environments of high risk: construction site managers, all managerial positions, sports trainers, factory or warehouse workers, etc.
If you are looking to work as a close protection operative, you will need this course in order to apply for your CP licence.
It is a legal requirement to undertake a First Aid Course Level 3 if you manage a high risk environment, please read the First Aid at Work Regulations here.
How long will the course take?
The First Aid at Work course Level 3 qualification is typically achieved through a 3-day class-room based training course Course times @9.30am-4.30pm on all days; and for re-qualification this is reduced to 2-days.
How is the First Aid at Work course qualification assessed?
The qualification is assessed via practical demonstration and oral questioning as well as a 30 multiple choice question test – all will be covered through the length of the course
Course subjects for the First Aid at Work Course Level 3 – 3 day course:
- understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- be able to assess an incident
- be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normallythe correct use of an AED- automated defibrillator (new subject)
- know how to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding and recognizing the hypovolaemic shock (new subject)
- be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury
- be able to conduct a secondary survey
- be able to administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- be able to administer first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- be able to administer first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
- be able to administer first aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
- be able to administer first aid to a casualty with an eye injury
- be able to administer first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- be able to administer first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
- be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness: stroke, heart attack, angina, diabetes, etc
Certificates for the First Aid at Work Course successful learners will be ready approx. 2-3 weeks, sent by recorded 1st class post. This qualification lasts for a period of 3 years, after which point learners will need to resit the course which can be adjusted to a 1 day course.
All candidates will receive a First Aid at Work Course book in pdf and a First Aid learner pack.
*For your information please find our Course Booking Policy and Course Cancellation Policy here.
- Course Starting
- Registration and main Topics
- Morning Break
- 15 Minutes Break
- Lunch Time
- Afternoon Break
- 15 Minutes Break
- End of Course Day
- All days end at the same time