- 05 Jul 2021
- 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
Fire Marshal Course – Fully accredited course – £65/person
The Fire Marshal Course is compulsory for anyone that can be in charge of the Fire safety of an office, building, restaurant, hotel, etc.
The Fire Order of 2005 (law) says that every company or building must have Fire Marshals in place for the safety of the employees and any visitors. The number of Fire Marshals needed will be noted upon undertaking a Fire Risk Assessment. There are businesses that are classed as high risk therefore they need more Fire Marshals trained, i.e. care homes, hotels, schools, building sites, etc.
1/2 day training course – 4 hours course, fully approved and HSE accredited.
The Fire Marshal Course will have a multiple choice exam, and the certification is valid for 3 years. As a Fire Marshal you can be in charge of the Fire evacuation procedures and fire drills at your workplace.There is a multiple choice test at the end of the course day – If successful, your certificate can take up to 2 weeks to arrive. Please note that a valid photo ID is required to be presented on the day of the course, due to the fact that this is an accredited certificate.
Group bookings also available, for 6 or more candidates – prices starting from £40*
This Fire Marshal Course covers the role of the designated fire marshal. Learners gaining this qualification will know that fire safety is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace and will recognise the consequences of a fire in any premises. It also gives you the opportunity to learn about the different types of fire extinguishers and how to use them correctly (due to environmental issues there will be no live demonstrations).
Who should attend?
This Fire Marshal Course is suitable for those who are responsible for overseeing fire safety, designated fire marshals and anyone who needs to know how to use a fire extinguisher.
What you will learn?
The course will present an insight into fire regulations and general fire precautions. It aims to provide you with the knowledge to be become a fire marshal.
- Explain how fires are caused in the workplace
- Describe the components of the fire triangle
- Identify the hazards during or after a fire, including the products of combustion
- Describe the characteristics of fire and smoke spread
- State the different methods used to identify and control fire hazards
- Define the term ‘means of escape’ in relation to fire hazards
- Outline typical components for means of escape from fire hazards
- Describe methods of fire detection and raising the alarm
- Describe the principle of how fires are extinguished
- Describe how portable fire-fighting equipment should be used safely
- Identify common fixed fire-fighting systems and where they might be used
- Outline the duties of employers and employees with respect to fire safety in the workplace
- Outline how to undertake a simple fire safety inspection in the workplace
- Describe the stages involved in a fire risk assessment
- State the role and function of fire wardens/marshal in their workplace:
– on a day-to-day basis
– during an emergency
if they are not in their designated areas of responsibility when the alarm is raised
- Outline the content of a fire safety briefing
Course starts typically between 9.30am-1.30pm, 1/2 day course, 4 hours, including breaks.
This Fire Marshal Course qualification is assessed through a 20-question multiple-choice question examination. The duration of the examination is 45 minutes. Successful learners must achieve a score of at least 12 out of 20.
The certificates will be dispatched to the successful candidate within approx. 7 working days by signed post.
New offer*: Organisations looking to book this course for groups of 6 or more, will be offered a 20% discount, please get in touch to discuss and get your quote and book a convenient date.
COVID Measures: At the moment we observe a 2 meter rule and strict sanitizing before, during and after attending the course, further guidelines will be highlighted and communicated to each learner upon booking. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation – we look forward to welcoming you on the course.
- 9.30am -
- Course Starting
- Registration and main Topics
- 11.00-11.30am -
- Morning Break
- 15 Minutes Break
- 12.15-1.30pm -
- Exam Time
- Invigilation and Examination - 45 minutes
- 1.30pm -
- End of Course